Monday 25 January 2010

Doubles and Trebles

Amber lit and lost at 2am.
I came here and lived a poem,
Of deep stirred river water and
Foggy air, that slid beneath my layers,
On this liquid Liverpool night.
Yet beauty wrote itself,
She walked beside me,
Beyond alive with feeling,
Married to the stonework and
Questions written high on walls,
Our year's potential deep in
Our gloved pockets as the
Best of apples and snakes
Clamoured in our ears.
I fear for my photographs
but not for my memories.
Our eyes drew the visions in,
considering the full picture,
Noticing the yellow of the lambanana,
is still with us in the fries and cheese.
An absence of guilt and a public
order charge to go, as life
affirming as the silences
between us,
Strawberry pink and dark,
Singing as loud as we could,
in this sad determined world.


Cpc 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment